Who doesn’t love pizzas? Whether you want to celebrate or order a takeaway on a lazy Sunday, a pizza is an answer to all hungry calls! But are you looking for a healthy pizza option without punishing your taste buds? Then, we have the perfect pizza recipe for you in the store!
Now you can make a delicious vegan air fryer pizza and revolutionize the way you enjoy pizza! Not only is it extremely easy to make this recipe, but you’ll end up wanting more slices than usual. Let’s get started!
Why even make a vegan air fryer pizza?
Sure, air fryers seem to be the trend these days, but they are so popular for all the right reasons. The air fryer serves as a mini pizza oven that can make cooking super easy. Especially if you are making something for yourself or a couple of loved ones, an air fryer can make it easy to cook in proportions. Plus, an air fryer can also give a crispier pizza base if you cook it correctly. Moreover, it’s very time-efficient as well, making it easy to have dinner ready within an hour.
Although a pizza oven, that is made for making pizzas might give you a better result, but an air fryer will give you a pretty close quality for much less.
Ingredients for vegan air fryer pizza
The possibilities are so many choices for pizza ingredients but here are some of my favorite toppings to create a heartful vegetarian pizza:
- Pizza Dough
- Olive oil
- 1/2 cup of Vegan parmesan or Vegan Mozarella (yummy!)
- Dried Oregano
- 15 ounce of Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 cup of red, orange, and green bell pepper (thickly chopped)
- 1/3 cup of red onion (chopped)
- 1 cup mushrooms (chopped)
Instructions for vegan air fryer pizza
There’s no rocket science in making pizzas, even in the air fryer. Here’s what you need to do:
- Prepare your air fryer by preheating it to 375 F. Make sure to spray the air fryer basket with a good amount of oil. Take your pizza dough and toss it to give it a circular shape according to the size of your air fryer. If it’s frozen, you can warm the dough for a couple of minutes at 350 degrees F. Ideally, you should keep the pizza dough out of the refrigerator 20 – 30 minutes before cooking, so it can defrost.
- Transfer your pizza base to a non-stick baking paper before placing it in the air fryer.
- Then lift the baking paper and the pizza base. Place it in the air fryer and let it cook for at least 6 minutes. This will make the crust more crispy.
- Once the pizza base is lightly golden, carefully lift the baking paper to take out the pizza base.
- Take your favorite pizza sauce and gently top the dough with the sauce. The trick is to never add too much sauce to make the pizza soggy or add too less to make the pizza dry.
- Sprinkle vegan parmesan sauce on top of the sauce.
- Finish the pizza by adding any toppings you want, such as mushrooms and capsicum.
- Sprinkle a little bit of dried oregano for final touches.
- Put the pizza in the air fryer. Let it cook for 3 – 4 minutes. The pizza base should be colored nicely, and the cheese should be melted enough before you can take it out.
- Before serving it to your guests, you can drizzle some olive oil on the top and even some extra parmesan to give the pizza an extra oomph.
- You can then repeat all the steps to make more pizzas.
If you have any leftovers left after having a pizza night, you can keep them safe for up to 2 or 3 days in an airtight bag or container. You can then reheat the pizza again in the air fryer. In fact, cold leftover pizza isn’t bad at all.
Equipment you’ll need
Then you’ll need a bowl to make the dough. Make sure its big enough because it can make a big mess for sure.
Then you’ll need a pastry board and a dough roller to flatten the dough and make it pizza like. Once I used an empty wine bottle for this reason. Although it did the job but the result could have been better, haha!
Then a cutting board and a good chef knife is also advised to make the other ingredients evenly cut.
So what are you waiting for? A vegan air fryer pizza is both delicious and healthy. Plus, the process is always fun because you can experiment with your pizzas. Let us know the air fryer pizza recipes you have created so far!
Looking for an air fryer?
We regularly make reviews on the brands that we like. Check out some of them if you are thinking of buying a new air fryer: