Be it Monday or Sunday, there’s never a day when you can’t have a burrito even if you are a vegan. And the best part is it is so easy to make vegan air fryer burrito. It’s one of the best meals to exist, hands down. No wonder why everyone is a fan of burritos. It’s not only delicious but there are such wide varieties that you can try.
For example, if you are trying to eat healthy, you can always make a burrito in an air fryer, and if you are on a vegan diet, then you can easily substitute the traditional ingredients for vegan ingredients. Don’t believe us? Then, this recipe is for you!
Learn how to make scrumptious and healthy vegan burritos, all using an air fryer! Read on.
Why should you be making this air fryer vegan burrito?
The answer is easy – because it’s fun and easy to make. Air fryer vegan burrito is not only flavourful, but it also comes with a lot of health benefits. It’s packed with healthy nutrition that you need every day, and it’s also super easy to make. So if you are running out of time and have a lot to do, you can always rely on this recipe to make a quick meal or snack. An air fryer also makes traditional recipes extra crispy, thanks to its mechanism. How cool is that?
Ingredients for Vegan Air Fryer Burrito
Here’s what you need to make at least 3 wraps:
- Burrito wrap of your choice. You can even use rice paper.
- 1 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- ½ cup finely chopped red onion
- ½ cup vegan yogurt
- 1 can of white beans
- ½ cup of cooked quinoa
- ½ tsp of your favorite seasoning, such as paprika
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp of black pepper
- Some lemon juice
- ½ cup finely chopped dill
- 3 finely chopped garlic cloves
- ½ cup of olive oil
Instructions to make Vegan Air Fryer Burrito
Now let’s come to the fun part. Here’s what you need to do to make delicious vegan air fryer burritos:
- Heat up a pan lightly, add some olive oil to the pan, and put your garlic cloves to cook. Add your vegetables to the pan and lightly cook them. You can skip this step if you don’t want to cook your veggies, including red bell pepper and onion, but this can give a little extra crisp to your ingredients.
- Put your cooked veggies in a bowl. Add your cooked quinoa and white beans. Drizzle your seasonings, including salt, pepper, and paprika, in the bowl. Mix everything together. Finally, add your oil and drizzle some lemon juice into the bowl for the extra kick. Mix everything again.
- Preheat your air fryer. Although this isn’t necessary if you are running out of time, it can help you to cook the burritos much faster.
- Take your burrito wraps, and then drizzle a gracious amount of your vegan yogurt on the surface of the wrap. Add all the remaining ingredients to your bowl and gently wrap the burrito. Make sure the wrap is properly secured so the ingredients don’t come out during cooking.
- Now spray some cooking oil on the surface tray of the air fryer and place your burrito wraps one by one on the tray.
- Let the burritos cook for at least 5 to 6 minutes. Your burritos should have a light golden color once cooked. Every air fryer operates in a different manner, so you might have to cook the burrito for a longer time, or they might even be ready in under 5 minutes, depending upon the air fryer you are using. Therefore, make sure to keep a strict eye on your burritos so they are cooked to perfection.
- Now you can take out your vegan air fryer burritos and enjoy them with your favorite dip!
You can definitely mix and match when it comes to the ingredients and use whatever you want. You can also pre-made the burritos and then freeze them. You can then simply toss them in the air fryer whenever you want and enjoy a delicious, hearty meal in under 10 minutes.
It doesn’t really matter what kind of air fryer you use for this recipe. You can use air fryer oven (like a Kalorik MAXX), basket-type (like the Ninja AF101) or any other type of air fryer.
Try our other mexican air fryer dishes like the chile relleno!
If you have room for dessert try our vegan air fryer brownie recipe too!