Craving for something sweet? Then this vegan air fryer brownie is just what you need.
Want to indulge your taste buds in the goodness of chocolate? Then, you need some brownies in your life. Brownies are one of the most loved desserts across the world, and to be very honest, just writing about them has made our taste buds hungry for some brownies. They are that good!
But we get it – brownies can be unhealthy sometimes. This is why we are bringing a recipe that will satisfy your taste buds without compromising your health! Below, you will find a recipe for vegan air fryer brownies that are super gooey, fudgy, and healthy! Read on!
Why should you use an air fryer to make brownies?
There are tons of benefits of using an air fryer when it comes to making brownies. Some of these are as follows:
- Air fryer cook faster than ovens
- Air fryers preheat faster than ovens
- If you are looking to cook in small batches, then an air fryer is the perfect equipment to use! Although it depends on the size of the air fryer you choose.
Ingredients for the vegan air fryer brownie
Here’s what you need to make these scrumptious brownies:
- Flour – ½ cup
- Salt – ¼ teaspoon salt
- Ground flax seeds – 1 tablespoon
- Vegan sugar – ½ cup
- Cocoa powder ¼ cup
- Nondairy milk – ¼ cup (Read this before)
- Vanilla Extract ½ teaspoon
- Vegan Chocolate chunks
Instructions for making vegan air fryer brownies
- You don’t need to be a super professional cook at making brownies! Here’s what you will have to do:
- Whisk flour, cocoa powder, sugar, and a pinch of salt together in a small bowl.
- Once whisked properly, add your wet ingredients: oil, water, and vanilla extract to the mix.
- Add your chocolate chunks to the mixture and make sure to fold them well.
- You can also add in other mix-ins of your choice, such as ground flax seeds, fresh berries, nuts, and shredded coconut.
- Preheat your air fryer to at least 350 F.
- Take a pie round pan or a cake pan. Spray some oil on the surface of the pan. You can also add some parchment paper if you don’t want to add oil at all.
- Pour the mixture into your pan carefully.
- Place the pan in the fryer carefully and let it cook for at least 10 minutes. Check the mixture by using a knife and putting it in the middle. If the knife comes out unclean, you should let the brownies cook for some more time. Repeat the process after five minutes. Once the knife comes out clean, your brownies are ready!
Take out your brownies and drizzle some chocolate sauce. You can also sprinkle some salt or the toppings of your choice.
Here are some further tips to remember when using an air fryer:
- Don’t keep your brownies in the air fryer basket to let them cool. This is because the hot air fryer basket may cause the brownie base to overcook.
- You can also use two large ramekins if you want to cook larger brownies.
- If you want a richer flavor of chocolate in your brownies, you can use dark cocoa powder instead.
- If you want to avoid sugar altogether in the recipe, you can also use a powdered sugar substitute or a brown sugar substitute to make this recipe further healthy.
- To make it gluten-free, you should opt for a gluten-free flour blend instead of using all-purpose flour.
- You can store the brownie leftovers at room temperature by keeping them in a ziplock bag or even keep them in a refrigerator.
Who doesn’t love brownies? If you are craving something sweet, then brownies are your best best. Brownies that are particularly cooked in the air fryer are super healthy! fIn this way, you won’t have to compromise on your health while indulging in a sweet dish.
Looking for an air fryer?
We regularly make reviews on the brands that we like. Check out some of them if you are thinking of buying a new air fryer: