Level up your kitchen skills and learn how to cook red snapper in air fryer. The most common method of cooking this fish is on a pan or grill, but if you want something more convenient, why try an air fryer instead? Or if you want to be a real gourmet you can try an air fryer grill combo to give a grill finish to your snapper.
Red snapper is one of the most common white fish. It is known for having a mild flavor, which stands out when combined with the right herbs. Recipes are easily customizable depending on what tickles your taste buds.
Clueless about how to cook red snapper in an air fryer? Read on and I will walk you through an easy recipe!
Why Cook Red Snapper in Air Fryer
If you are looking for keto air fryer recipes, it is hard to go wrong with an air-fried red snapper! It is not only delicious, but it is also easy to cook, even if you are an absolute beginner in the kitchen.
Among others, the best thing about cooking red snapper in an air fryer is that it has plenty of health benefits. It is packed with nutrition, including fatty acids, magnesium, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, and selenium. It can also prevent heart disease, support thyroid health, and help in weight management.
More so, an air fryer cooks with less oil, making it a healthier alternative to deep frying. Some might resort to grilling, but such can take some time, so air frying is a more convenient alternative if you are busy.
As mentioned before you can use a regular air fryer (like a Kalorik for example) or an air fryer grill combo too to grill the fish in the end. Just make sure you don’t use too high temperature.
Ingredients Needed for Red Snapper in Air Fryer
- 350 grams of red snapper fillets
- Lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon lemon pepper
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon cayenne
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
Instructions to Make Red Snapper in Air Fryer
- Start by preparing the fish. For this recipe, I am using fillets instead of a whole fish. Rinse and use paper towels to pat until dry.
- Prepare a seasoning mix. Adjust the mix depending on your preference. I used a mix of salt, lemon pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, and cayenne. Feel free to change depending on your flavor preference.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Squeeze lemon juice on the fish.
- Cover the fish with the seasoning mix.
- Spray oil on the air fryer basket. You can also line it with parchment paper to prevent the fish from sticking and make clean-up easier.
- Arrange the fish fillet on the air fryer, making sure there is enough space between each piece.
- Cook the red snapper for 12 to 15 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- While waiting for the fish to cook, combine softened butter, chopped garlic, rosemary, and parsley. Mix thoroughly.
- Once the red snapper is cooked, take it out of the air fryer. Top with the butter mixture, and serve.
Tips to Make This Dish
Unleash the inner chef in you! Here are some tips to make a tastier red snapper in air fryer.
- Use a Fork to Check Doneness
Do not be left guessing if the fish is done. To check, grab a fork and poke the thickest part of the fish. If it is flaky, then it is cooked. Otherwise, you will need to cook it for a few more minutes.
- Check Internal Temperature
Aside from using a fork to test doneness, you can also use an internal thermometer to see if it is already cooked. The reading should be anywhere from 125 to 137 degrees Fahrenheit. Insert the thermometer in the middle of the fillet to check its temperature.
- Fresh is the Best
Choose fresh red snapper if you want the best flavors from the dish. The flesh must be firm and shiny. As for the color, it should have a natural metallic glow. If it looks too dark, it could be a sign that the fish is no longer fresh.
- Leave the Skin On
While it is a matter of personal preference, I prefer to cook red snapper with the skin on. This is better because it adds fuller flavor to the dish. It will also add a distinct crisp to the fish once it is cooked. No need to worry since the skin is safe to eat.
- Add the Butter Mix Immediately
As soon as you take the fillet out of the air fryer, add the butter mix immediately. This will let the butter melt on top of the fish since it is still hot. Once it turns cold, the butter will not melt, which can affect the flavor and texture.
See? Preparing the red snapper in air fryer is easy! It takes only a few minutes before you can satisfy your cravings for a healthy dish! The flavors from the seasonings and butter will make the fish drool-worthy!
If you are looking for an easier recipe try our fish fillet recipe too!