Frozen pies are delicious and convenient. You can take them out of the freezer and they’re ready within minutes. If you have no idea how to do so, read this guide as I teach you how to cook Marie Callender’s Chicken Pot Pie in an air fryer.
Whether it’s their lemon meringue, chocolate cream, or custard pie, Marie Callender’s is known for offering delicious pies. In this guide, however, I’ll talk about their chicken pot pie. The good news is that you can enjoy them without the need to exert too much effort. No need to make a pie from scratch! Your air fryer is your savior.
What is Marie Callender’s Chicken Pot Pie?
Available in 10 or 15-ounce sizes, Marie Callender’s Chicken Pot Pie is a great choice for people who do not have the luxury of time. It has tender white meat inside, mixed with celery, carrots, and peas. The golden and flaky pie is made from scratch, so you can be confident that the quality is top-notch.
Every serving of this pot pie contains 11 grams of protein, 11 grams of saturated fat, 650 milligrams of sodium, and 440 calories. In addition, it does not contain preservatives, as well as artificial colors and flavors.
Why Cook Marie Callender’s Chicken Pot Pie in an Air Fryer
One of the best things about cooking chicken pot pie in an air fryer, not just Marie Callender’s, is convenience. It’s good for people in a hurry to prepare something delicious. It will take only a few minutes unlike cooking the pie in the oven.
More than being time-saving, air frying a chicken pot pie is also convenient. You may opt to line your air frying basket with parchment paper, so that the pie won’t stick to the cooking surface. Meanwhile, the pot pie may already have paper or foil wrapped around it, so don’t remove such to make your life easier.
Even cooking is another benefit of air-frying pies. This is one thing that holds true in any other food you cook in an air fryer. Hence, you can ensure better consistency, but make sure to cook it long enough since pies can be big and thick.
A Step-by-Step Guide on How to Cook Marie Callender’s Chicken Pot Pie in an Air Fryer
You don’t need anything else, except for the chicken pot pie from Marie Callender’s. It’s pre-made, so it’s almost ready to consume out of the freezer. Here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Start by taking the pie out of the freezer in case you decided to have it frozen. Like when you’re cooking frozen mini quiche or karaage, no need to thaw. This will speed up the process.
- Remove the pie from the cardboard packaging. However, do not remove the paper tray wrap from the pie. This will prevent the pie from sticking on the cooking surface, which can also make clean-up a lot easier. It also prevents the thinner portions of the crust from burning.
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. It ensures the interior is hot enough before putting the pie in.
- Cook the chicken pot pie for at least 20 minutes. Check the color. If it’s already golden brown and flaky, it’s done. Otherwise, cook a little longer.
- Take the pie out of the air fryer. It will be piping hot, so do not use bare hands. I recommend wearing gloves when removing the pie.
- Allow it to cool for a few minutes before enjoying your chicken pot pie.
Tips and Tricks When Air Frying Marie Callender’s Chicken Pot Pie
For the best outcomes, here are some things to keep in mind:
- Do not thaw. Keeping it frozen is important for food safety. Otherwise, it can increase the risk of food poisoning. Leaving it at room temperature for a long time might pose health risks.
- Use a thermometer to check the internal food temperature. It should be at least 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Make sure to poke the thermometer on the different parts of the chicken pot pie.
- Handle with care, especially the edges. The crust can become flaky, so hold it from the bottom instead of the sides when removing it from the air fryer. Use gloves as the pie will be hot after air frying.
- While it’s good to cook with the foil or paper that originally came with the packaging, you might also want to remove them after at least ten minutes. Doing so will help make the crust flakier.
At this point, I hope you already know how to cook Marie Callender’s Chicken Pot Pie in an air fryer. You can do it straight from the freezer so that you can save time. Best of all, air frying the chicken pot pie takes only a few minutes.