Looking for a healthy and easy dinner that you can prepare within minutes? Learn how to air fry Van de Kamp fish fillets and you will enjoy a versatile dish that will make you full without the guilt.
You don’t need to be a pro in the kitchen to prepare something delicious! For something simple, consider air-frying frozen fish fillets. Pair it with the right dip and side, and you will have a filling meal!
- Why Cook Van de Kamp Fish Fillets in an Air Fryer
- A Step-by-Step Guide on How to Air Fry Van de Kamp Fish Fillets
- Storing and Reheating Van de Kamp’s Fish Fillet
- Tips and Tricks for Air-Frying Van De Kamp Fish Fillets
- What to Eat with Air-Fried Fish Fillets
Why Cook Van de Kamp Fish Fillets in an Air Fryer
If you have not yet tried Van de Kamp’s fish fillets, now is the time to have one! They are crunchy and crispy-battered. The best thing is that they are 100% whole fillets, so there are no additives. You can taste fresh fish, unlike others with lots of fillers. Not to mention, the fish they use is wild-caught.
You can prepare frozen fish fillets in many ways, but in this recipe, I will be using an air fryer. With the way the air fryer works, it is easy to achieve the right texture. It circulates heat in the basket or pan, so achieving the right texture is easy. It will be crispy on the exterior and juicy on the interior.
If you have been using an air fryer, then you will know how convenient it is. The clean-up is minimal. You can even add parchment paper to make cleaning a lot easier. It also does not require full attention. You can set the temperature and timer and leave it on its own. Plus, no need to be left guessing about the right setting, especially if you are using an air fryer with presets.
A Step-by-Step Guide on How to Air Fry Van de Kamp Fish Fillets
If you have air-fried any brand of fish fillet before, the good news is that the method is the same. Whether you are using Van de Kamp’s or any other brand, the instructions are similar and will take only a few minutes.
1. What You Will Need:
- Van de Kamp’s frozen fish fillet
- To start, preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and wait for five minutes. Some might skip this step, but I prefer doing so as it ensures the basket is hot enough before I start cooking, which can also ensure better consistency.
- Arrange the fish fillets on the air frying basket or pan. Do not stack them. Also, ensure there is enough space between each fillet. You do not need to thaw the fish fillets if they are straight out of the freezer.
- Cook for ten minutes. Once you are halfway through, flip the fish fillets.
- Check for doneness. Look at the color or test with a fork. If it is not yet cooked, air fry it for two to four more minutes until you achieve the desired color or crispness.
Storing and Reheating Van de Kamp’s Fish Fillet
While it is best to enjoy your fish fillet hot and fresh, if there are leftovers, you must store them properly. They can last two to three days with proper storage. It is best to put it in an air-tight container and refrigerate it. The breading can still be crispy once it is reheated.
When reheating, you can put the fish in the air frying basket, spray it with olive oil or similar oil, and air fry for five minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. After reheating it once, consume the fish fillet instead of storing and reheating them again.
Tips and Tricks for Air-Frying Van De Kamp Fish Fillets
Here are some tips to keep in mind when you are air-frying Van de Kamp’s fish fillets:
- Do not defrost the fish fillets. You can save time by getting it straight into the air fryer. Like many other foods, thawing is not necessary while ensuring that the fish fillets can still be evenly cooked.
- Oil is not necessary. The breading can already contains oil, which is enough to cook the fish. If you insist, choose the best oil for an air fryer, which should have a neutral flavor. This way, it will not overpower the natural taste of the fish fillet.
- Watch out for the time you air fry the fish. Overcooking will make it dry and tasteless. It can affect the texture and flavor of your fish fillet. 10 to 15 minutes will be more than enough in most cases.
What to Eat with Air-Fried Fish Fillets
Fish fillets can be filling on their own. However, it is better if you enjoy them with different sauces and sides to make the fish more flavorful:
- Tartare Sauce: For a classic sauce for air-fried fish fillet, tartare sauce can be a good choice. It is made of mayo, chopped pickles, lemon juice, dill, capers, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce. It is one of the most popular dips for fish and chips.
- Cauliflower Rice: Looking for something healthy? Air-fried cauliflower rice will make the perfect complement to your fish fillet. Each cup only has 25 calories, making it a great option for weight watchers.
- Grilled Vegetables: Make your meal healthier by pairing fish with grilled vegetables. It is simple but flavorful. You can do this in an air fryer and grill combo!
In this guide, I shared how to air fry Van de Kamp fish fillets. It is a quick and simple process that takes less than 15 minutes. You do not need to wait a long time because there is no need to thaw before cooking! These fish fillets will make the perfect meal for those who are health-conscious.