Making frozen potato skins in the air fryer is one of those things that is hard to get bored of. It is delicious, very easy and requires nearly no time investment. Basically when we do frozen potato skins in the air fryer our only job to do is to set the right temperature and to get the timing right. Nevertheless we prepared a complete guide with a printable recipe (at the end of this article) for easy understanding.
How Do You Cook Frozen Potato Skins in the Air Fryer
- Select how many frozen potato skins you want to put in the air fryer. We recommend two skins for 1 person (make it 3 if you’re very hungry. So if you’re frying for 3 people that’s 6 potato skins to put in your air fryer.
- We didn’t preheat the air fryer but it is OK if you want to (we have a complete guide on this one). To avoid the mess in your basket, you can add air fryer liners (but not while preheating).
- I like to put aluminium foil or parchment paper under the potatoes for easy cleaning
- Fry the skins at 370F/180C for 5-6 minutes.
- In the last 2 minutes to make it even more yummy you can put extra cheese on it.
- Remove the skins from the air fryer and serve them.
Is it okay to eat potato skins?
Yes, it’s totally fine to eat potato skins. According to various articles (e.g. this one), potato skins are very high in nutrition and fiber. Just the thing you need for a balanced. Nowadays a high proportion in our society is fiber deficient. Therefore potato skins is a great way to eat something delicious and remain health conscious at the same time. Many articles points out that in fact, the skin of the potato contains more nutrition than the inside. Strange isn’t it?
The only thing you should be mindful about if your are doing potato skins from scratch is that you should wash thoroughly the potato skins before putting it in the air fryer.
What to eat the frozen potato skins with?
In our humble opinion potato skins can be regarded as a side dish (or a snack like tortilla chips) mostly therefore we usually like to eat it with something else. If you agree with us then be sure to check out our other recipes that go perfectly with the potato skins. And you can cook it together if your air fryer is big enough.
Foods that go perfectly with the potato skins:
If you are interested in a healthier alternative try our sweet potato fries recipe.
Equipment You’ll Need:
This won’t be a long list:
- Obviously you’ll need an air fryer. If you are looking for a new one read our ultimate guide first: How To Choose An Air Fryer – Important Tips Before You Buy One
- A pack of frozen potato skins. We prefer the TGI Fridays Loaded Cheddar & Bacon Potato Skins
Air Fryer Frozen Potato Skins
- Air Fryer
- 4 Pieces frozen potato skins 2 Servings
- Preheat the air fryer to 370 F / 180 C for 3 minutes. Do not add air fryer liners while preheating.
- Open the potato skin box from freezer and pick 4 for 2 people.
- Place the potato skins in the air fryer for 5 mintues at 370F/180C.
- Extra: You can add cheese now but there'll be a slight mess. To avoid this, you can include your cheese after the active cooking time at that point let your skins sit in the air fryer for a mintues or two while the leftover heat melts the cheese.
- Remove the skins from the air fryer. plate and enjoy.