Knowing how to cook frozen mini quiche in air fryer can be a lifesaver! You can cook this delicious appetizer straight from the freezer. No need to wait for it to defrost or thaw. And within minutes, you can enjoy its flaky crust and savory center!
While you can make quiches from scratch, you can also buy them in grocery stores. They are great for make-ahead meals, especially for busy individuals. Read on and I will let you know how to air fry mini quiche. Plus, I will also teach you how to make one from scratch, which you can freeze for days and air-fry only when ready to eat.
What is Quiche?
Before anything else, let me give you a quick primer on what quiche is. First, let me teach you how to pronounce it. In case you do not know, you pronounce it as keesh.
Now back to the topic. Quiche is a rich and hearty dish with tons of variations around the world. It is an egg custard with several additions, depending on which recipe you are following. Among others, however, eggs and bacon are some of the most popular. Seafood and veggies are also great fillings, especially if you are health-conscious.
Quiche is a type of tart. Despite this, it has long been a part of English cuisine since the 14th century. Some are also claiming that it was a staple in Italian cuisine since the 13th century. Until today, however, there are varying accounts about the history of quiche. Some are also saying that it is from Germany, which is where it was originally called quiche Lorraine – an open pie with egg, cream custard, and smoked bacon.
A Step-by-Step Guide on How to Cook Frozen Mini Quiche in Air Fryer
From frozen corn dogs to frozen chicken nuggets, I love how air fryers allow me to cook a lot of dishes without the need to wait a long time. It is great for those who are always in a hurry since food does not have to thaw.
Luckily, cooking mini quiche in the air fryer is easy and quick, even if it is from the freezer. It does not matter even if it is still frozen. Here’s a quick guide on what you must do:
- Start by preheating the air fryer to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Put frozen mini quiche in an air fryer. Arrange them to have sufficient space between each piece. Do not stack on top of each other. This way, hot air will circulate properly, which is also essential to ensure even cooking.
- Cook frozen mini quiche for 8 to 10 minutes. Check if it is done. If you don’t want to be left guessing, it’s best to use a food thermometer. The internal temperature must be 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Don’t forget to check the instructions in the packaging as well and follow the recommendations from the manufacturer.
- Take the mini quiche out of the air fryer. Serve and enjoy.
How to Make Mini Quiche from Scratch
While it is convenient to buy frozen quiche, you can also make one from scratch. The best thing is that you can prepare it in large batches and keep them in the freezer. This way, you will always have something to air fry when you crave quiche.
- 2 unbaked pie crust
- ½ cup whole milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup shredded cheese
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Choice of fillings
- Cut the unbaked pie into small circles. Spray oil on a mini muffin pan and arrange the crust.
- In a bowl, prepare the quiche filling. Mix whole milk, cream, eggs, salt, and pepper. Add your choice of fillings, which can include bacon, ham, mushrooms, bell pepper, onion, and garlic, among others.
- Fill the crust with filling. Sprinkle cheese on the top or anything else you would like to include in your quiche.
- With the quiche now ready, you can cover the muffin pan and freeze the quiche. Once you are ready to cook, air fry them at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 8 to 10 minutes.
1. Can you reheat quiche in an air fryer?
You can reheat quiche in an air fryer. This is a great way to make it taste better even if it has already been cooked for hours or even days. Some air fryers have a reheat function. Alternatively, you can heat it at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for five minutes.
2. How long can you freeze mini quiches?
For store-bought mini quiche, follow the recommendations of the maker on how long you can keep it in the freezer. In most cases, they can stay frozen for up to six months. If you made one yourself using fresh ingredients, however, it is best to not freeze the mini quiche for more than one month.
3. How do you freeze mini quiche?
The best way to freeze mini quiche is to keep it in its original packaging. Otherwise, put them in an air-tight container. If it is in a plastic bag, make sure it is on top of heavier items in the freezer. It is also good if you can label the packaging, so you can easily monitor its freshness.
This guide talked about how to cook frozen mini quiche in air fryer. It is easy if you already have frozen quiche, which you can find in grocery stores. All you need is to put them in a preheated air fryer and cook them for 8 to 10 minutes. You can also make mini quiche from scratch using basic ingredients and freeze them until you are ready to air fry.
Looking for another cheesy recipe? Try our delicious air fryer chile rellno! Let us know if you enjoyed it!