Packed with big and bold flavors, crispy beef strips in air fryer are a treat! It’s an easy recipe that you can prepare within minutes! If you don’t know how to do it, read on as I share how you can cook Mongolian beef like a pro!
If you’ve tried cooking crispy beef strips on a stove, you’ll know how tasking it can be. The small beef cuts can be tiring to cook. In an air fryer, however, things become easier. Arrange them on the basket and they will be cooked before you know it!
A Step-by-Step Guide on How to Cook Crispy Beef Strips in Air Fryer
If you go to P.F. Chang’s, then you probably had their crispy beef strips. You might have attempted to recreate it in your kitchen. If you haven’t had any success or you simply want to try a delicious recipe, here’s a quick guide.
- 1 pound flank steak
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- Cooking spray
- ½ teaspoon grated ginger
- ½ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup water
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Green onions for garnish
- Before cooking, you’ll need to prepare the meat. In case you did not buy them sliced, you must slice them first in one-inch strips.
- Put the sliced beef in a bowl and add cornstarch. Toss until the meat slices are generously covered.
- The next step is preheating the air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Make sure to not skip it as this will speed up cooking the beef strips.
- Spray oil on the cooking basket of your air fryer. It will prevent the meat from sticking, which will make the clean-up easier. I suggest that you choose an oil with a neutral flavor.
- Arrange the beef strips in an air fryer. Leave enough space between each strip to prevent overcrowding. Speaking of arranging food in an air fryer, check out my guide on how full can you fill an air fryer.
- Cook for five minutes and shake the basket or toss the strips. Spray a neutral cooking oil and cook for another five minutes.
- Once it’s cooked let it rest in the basket and it’s now time to prepare the sauce.
- In a pan, mix ginger, garlic, brown sugar, soy sauce, and water. Heat until it is thick or consistent.
- Put the steak in a large bowl and pour the sauce. Toss until the strips are generously covered. Sprinkle sliced green onion on the top before serving.
Tips and Tricks When Cooking Crispy Beef Strips in Air Fryer
For the best outcomes when cooking air-fried crispy beef strips, below are some important things to keep in mind.
Choose the Right Meat
It all starts with choosing the right type of beef to use. The options abound, but one that I can personally recommend is flank steak. This cut of meat is at the lower chest or abdominal muscle. It’s not only flavorful but also affordable. It is best when cooked in high heat, which makes it a good choice for air frying.
Use Flour When You Don’t Have Cornstarch
Don’t worry if you do not have cornstarch in the kitchen. It’s safe to use flour, and you can expect the same result. It will also make the beef strips crispy. Follow the same amount that the recipe above recommends.
Try Different Sauces
In the recipe above, I shared a classic sauce for Mongolian beef. However, you can be as creative as you want and experiment with different sauces, depending on the flavors that tickle your taste buds. For instance, you can make teriyaki or BBQ sauce. You can also make it spicy if you’re looking for a kick. Aside from the sauce, you can also try different dips to make the dish even more flavorful.
Use Low-Sodium Soy Sauce
When you cook the sauce, it thickens and reduces. As a result, the flavor becomes more concentrated, and hence, too strong. This is especially a nightmare if you don’t like salty food. As such, I recommend that you stick to low-sodium soy sauce instead of the regular one.
Pair It With Other Food
Honestly, I’m not one of those people who will eat crispy beef on its own. I want my meal to be more filling, so I always pair it with something else. White rice or fried rice is a great option. On the other hand, those who are on a diet can try it with roast vegetables on the side. I also love eating it with air-fried edamame.
Is steak bites in air fryer keto?
Yes steak bites in an air fryer are absolutely keto, since they do not contain any carbohydrates, only protein and fat, that fits perfectly in a keto diet.
Crispy beef strips in air fryer are delicious! They are crunchy and flavorful, making a good dish that you can prepare within minutes. The classic sauce is the one for Mongolian beef, but you can feel free and try various sauces to suit your taste buds.