Crispy outside, soft and mouthwatering inside, air fryer vegetarian taquitos are sure to be a treat. Aside from being delicious, they’re also healthy. It’s good for those who watch what they eat, especially if you’re avoiding meat. The best part is that you’ll only need a few ingredients. Within a few minutes, these taquitos are ready for you to devour.
If you’ve been following my blog, you might have already seen my healthy versions of different dishes, such as vegan air fryer burrito and air-fried cauliflower rice. This time, we’ll talk about a guilt-free take on crispy taquitos.
Are you ready to go meatless? Read on and learn from this quick recipe guide.
A Step-by-Step Guide to Cooking Air Fryer Vegetarian Taquitos
Here, I’ll share two recipes for taquitos made healthier by using vegetarian ingredients.
Easy Vegetarain Taquitos
One thing I love the most about air fryers is how they make cooking convenient. For this recipe, you’ll need only the following ingredients, which can make the task a breeze for anyone to accomplish.
- 1 15-ounce can of black beans
- 1 7-ounce can of chili
- ¼ cup of cilantro
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- 8 6-inch corn tortillas
- Oil spray
- Begin by adding the beans and chilis to your food processor. Continue mixing until it turns creamy.
- Take out about two tablespoons of the mixture and spread on the tortilla. Wrap each piece.
- Spray with oil. When doing this, make sure that you know the best oil for the air fryer. Ideally, it should be one with a neutral flavor.
- Arrange the taquitos in the air fryer with the seam facing down.
- Cook at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for five to seven minutes.
Avocado Black Bean Taquitos
If you’re looking for vegetarian dishes that can provide fiber and protein in an easy-to-prepare and delicious dish, you cannot go wrong with avocado black bean taquitos. It’s also a great source of good fats, so you can feel fuller longer. Every bite is guaranteed to be worth it.
Here are the ingredients you will need:
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and mashed
- 10 corn tortilla
- 1 cup of chopped cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup of diced bell peppers
- 4-ounce plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of jalapeño
- 1 tablespoon of onion
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ tablespoon of cumin
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice
- ½ cup of canned black beans
- 2 tablespoons of chopped cilantro leaves
- In a bowl, combine avocado and black beans. Use a fork to mash the two ingredients.
- Lay the tortilla on a flat surface. Add about two tablespoons of the mix of avocado and black beans. Spread evenly and roll tightly.
- It’s now time to cook. Set the temperature to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and cook the taquitos for five minutes. After such, flip the taquitos and cook for another five minutes.
- While waiting for the taquitos to cook, prepare your pico de gallo. Mix bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, onion, jalapeño, and lime juice.
- Once the taquitos reach the desired color, take them out of the air fryer. Arrange on a plate, top with Greek yogurt, and add your pico de gallo.
The Best Tortilla to Use for Air Fryer Vegetarian Taquitos
Not just any tortilla will make good air-fried taquitos. I personally recommend using corn tortillas. Flour tortillas are best reserved for burritos and quesadillas. Meanwhile, aside from taquitos, corn tortillas will also be a great choice for street tacos.
More so, if you go to Mexico, you’ll find that many of their authentic dishes are made using corn tortillas. Meanwhile, flour tortilla is more common in the United States.