When it comes to cooking steak, the grill is often the preferred option for many people. Others would cook it in a pan instead. However, not a lot will consider the air fryer. But if you want something convenient, the latter can save the day! As such, in this short guide, I will teach you how to make air fryer steak bites with garlic cream sauce.
Read on and learn how to prepare an easy recipe that is sure to impress your family and friends. Even if you’re just cooking for yourself, it’s delicious!
A Step-by-Step Guide on How to Cook Air Fryer Steak Bites with Garlic Cream Sauce
It’s easy! The task is divided into two parts. First, you’ll start with cooking the steak bites, and once you’re done, you’ll be making the garlic cream sauce. For the latter, you’ll need a pan and a stove since you cannot do it in an air fryer.
Ingredients for the Steak
- 1 pound of bite-sized steak
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
Ingredients for the Garlic Cream Sauce
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- In a box, mix your steak bites with soy sauce, olive oil, garlic powder, red chili flakes, salt, and pepper. Toss to make sure the meat is generously covered with seasonings.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit for five minutes.
- Arrange the steak bites in an air fryer, making sure not to overcrowd. Maintain even spaces between each cut and do not stack one over the other. This way, you can cook the meat more consistently.
- Cook the steak bites depending on the desired doneness. For instance, if you want it to be medium rare, set the temperature to 135 degrees Fahrenheit. Meanwhile, program it to 145 degrees Fahrenheit for medium and 160 degrees Fahrenheit for well done.
- While waiting for the steak to cook, it’s time to prepare the garlic cream sauce. Heat a pan and add butter. When it melts, add garlic and shallot. Once it’s fragrant, add rosemary, thyme, and parsley. Stir and wait at least a minute.
- Add heavy cream. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water. The slurry will thicken the sauce. Add it to the pan.
- Once the steak is cooked, transfer on a plate and top with the garlic cream sauce.
Choosing the Right Steak
Like with any other recipe, picking the right steak is crucial. This will make sure that the dish tastes good, Otherwise, you might end up having meat that’s hard to chew.
While personal preferences can vary, one that I can suggest is sirloin steak. It’s from the large back muscle that connects to the spine next to the fillet. It has a beefier flavor compared to steak or rib-eye. This makes it compatible for strongly flavored sauces, such as garlic cream. Not to mention, it’s also an affordable cut without compromising flavor.
Rib-eye can also be a great option, especially if you’re looking for steak that has a good fat to meat ratio. The fat can help to make it tender while also adding flavor to the meat.
What to Eat with Air-Fried Steak Bites with Garlic Cream Sauce
Make your steak bites mote filling by complementing it with other food. Like other steaks, mashed potato would be on the top of the list. Its creaminess will complement the texture of the meat. You don’t even need gravy since the flavor of the garlic cream sauce is already enough to tickle your taste buds.
For something healthy, you can also pair your steak bites with air-fried edamame. It’s simple and quick to prepare, making it the perfect complement to your meat.
Another dish I love to eat with steak bites is air-fried Japanese sweet potato. It might look simple, but it’s absolutely filling. But of course you can go with a regular sweet potato side dish, which is also great.
Those who want to keep it simple can eat stir-fried vegetables on the side. Asparagus, French beans, and broccoli are some of the options that could be on your list. You can even throw a couple of bell peppers into the mix if you want more color and flavor on your plate.
Air fryer steak bites with garlic cream sauce can be a delicious dish if you know how to prepare it the right way. One of the most important is to choose the right steak cut. Also, remember the right temperature to cook the meat, which will depend on the level of doneness that you prefer. Best of all, don’t forget to pair it with another dish if you want the meal to be more filling.