Who knew that eating bananas could be so delicious until you came across this fantastic recipe for Air fryer bananas. You would have had oven-roasted bananas several times, but rare are the chances that you have tried Air fryer roasted bananas. These get ready in just a few simple steps and make an excellent snack for any day of the week.
Air fryer bananas work great as a sweet treat that is soft and gooey on the inside. Using the air fryer makes the task pretty easy and serves you with scrumptiously caramelized bananas in just a few minutes.
Try this super easy Air fryer roasted bananas recipe to make a deliciously sweet snack (like our brownie recipe) that will have you drooling for it. Stay tuned.
What type of Bananas to choose?
The ripeness of the bananas can play an essential role in determining the taste of your Air fryer roasted bananas. To make the best out of this recipe, pick bananas that have ripe and firm. But make sure they are not too tight, as healthier bananas may need additional time for cooking. If you don’t have access to ripe bananas, then you can use a dash of lemon juice to sprinkle on them and make the bananas soft.
Tips to enhance the taste of
- Air fryer roasted bananas
- Sprinkle a few drops of vanilla extract on the banana slices to enhance the flavor.
- You can even use pumpkin spice or maple syrup to give your air fryer roasted bananas an excellent taste.
- Try adding one of your favorite liquors to this recipe to add an extra depth of flavor. Just brush the bananas lightly to give them an exotic touch.
- Brandy, whiskey, and Cointreau work best for this purpose.
Ingredients to make Air fryer roasted Bananas
- 2 bananas sliced into 1/8 inch thick diagonal pieces.
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon powder
- Avocado oil cooking spray
Instructions to prepare Air fryer roasted bananas
- Start by preheating the air fryer to 375 degrees F.
- Place the bananas inside the air fryer’s basket in a single layer. Make sure you don’t overcrowd the space, and the banana slices don’t touch each other.
- Mist some avocado toast over the bananas and air fry for 5 minutes.
- Flip the banana slices and cook them for another 5 minutes
- Once done, carefully take them out of the air fryer and serve warm with some powdered cinnamon sprinkled on top.
Prep time – 5 minutes
Cook time – 10 minutes
Total time – 15 minutes
- Calories – 107
- Protein – 1.3g
- carbohydrates – 27g
- fat – 0.7g
- sodium – 1.2mg
It doesn’t really matter what kind of air fryer you use for this recipe. You can use air fryer oven, basket-type or any other type of air fryer. For an air fryer oven I’d use a Kalorik MAXX air fryer oven and for the basket type I’d use a Ninja AF101, but you can cook it in any kind of air fryer, like the Kalorik air fryer lid we reviewed last time makes.
How to store any leftover Air fryer roasted bananas?
Although these air-fried bananas are best had when fresh, if you have any leftovers, then here’s how you can store them easily. They can be stored easily in an air-tight container in the fridge for about 5 days.
But if you wish to store them for more extended periods, you will have to freeze them. For this, you first need to cool them in the fridge. Once they are cooled, transfer them into an air-tight container or reusable bag and freeze them. These air fryer roasted bananas will last you for up to a month in the freezer and can be reheated anytime in the air fryer or microwave.
How to reheat the stored Air Fryer Roasted Bananas
You can quickly reheat the leftover Air fryer roasted bananas either in the air fryer or in the microwave. To reheat them in the microwave, just put them in a microwave-safe container/bowl and microwave for a couple of minutes.
To reheat them in the air fryer, just place the banana slices into the basket and air fry for 4-5 minutes.