If you are very hungry and don’t want to put a lot of effort into cooking, then this air fryer pizza recipe is for you. If you want something delicious but don’t have enough time, then you need a pizza that’s actually made in an air fryer.
Pizzas are delicious, cheesy, and super easy to make. Plus, there are so many types of ingredients you can put on a pizza. The possibilities are just endless. No wonder why pizza is loved by people of all ages across the world. So if you are searching for an easy and delicious pizza recipe that’s cooked in an air fryer, then we got your back!
Below, you will find a hearty pizza recipe that you will want to replicate every weekend! Read on.
Here’s why you should cook a pizza in an Air Fryer:
- It’s quick: You don’t need to spend hours in the kitchen cooking a pizza. You can get a pizza in less than 20 minutes with an air fryer! How cool is that?
- It’s crispy: Love an extra crispy pizza? An air fryer can make it a possibility!
- It’s small: Cooking only for yourself? Want to make mini pizzas for everyone? You can use an air fryer for cooking in proportions. In fact, you can even set up a pizza bar at a party and have everyone create their own mini pizza.
Ingredients for the air fryer pizza
Nothing gets more personalized in the food world than a pizza! You can literally put anything you want to on the pizza. But here are some basic ingredients that you might want to try first:
- Pizza dough or pita
- 1/2 cup of Pizza Sauce
- Olive Oil
- 10 ounces of mozzarella cheese (grated)
- Oregano as per taste
- 6 – 8 slices of Pepperoni (for one pizza)
- Veggies of your choice (chopped)
Instructions to make air fryer pizza
- You don’t need to be a Masterchef cook when it comes to making an air fryer pizza! It’s extremely easy and simple to make an air fryer pizza. Here’s what you will have to do:
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 F
- Sprinkle some flour on your cooking station and divide your dough into smaller balls. Make sure the pizza balls are according to the size of the air fryer.
- Use some olive oil or non-stick spray to spray the air fryer basket.
- Brush some olive oil on the top of the crust as well. Using a form, also poke some holes right in the center of the dough to help it cook properly.
- Place the dough carefully in the air fryer basket and let the dough cook for at least 3 minutes. Take out the dough once it has a nice golden crust.
- Once the crust is cooked, start placing your toppings. Start with your pizza sauce. Make sure the pizza is not too dry or soggy. Then, toss your favorite cheese. We have recommended mozzarella, but you can go with any cheese of your preference. Top the cheese further with some [epporni. Finally, toss some veggies of your choice, such as basil and onion. To give the final touches to your pizza, sprinkle some oregano.
- Now let your pizza cook in the air fryer for 5 – 6 minutes. You might have to keep the pizza in the air fryer for a long time because every air fryer works in a different manner.
- Once the cheese has melted enough, and the crust looks cooked enough, you can take out your pizza and serve it with your favorite sauces.
- You can then repeat the aforementioned processes to cook more pizzas with different combinations of ingredients!
So what are you waiting for? If you are craving something delicious, then it’s time to take your air fryer and pizza dough to start creating a delicious pizza (or skip the dough and make a pizza bagel). It’s the perfect dish for lazy Sunday afternoons when you don’t want to spend hours making something delicious and healthy.
If you are looking for an air fryer suitable for pizza making check out our best air fryers to make pizza article. Also if you are vegan we have a vegan air fryer pizza recipe too.