If you are searching for a quick recipe to munch on for your kids or something to munch on, then air fryer pizza bagels have your back. It’s one of the most delicious and easiest recipes to make these days. In fact, it will hardly take you 10 minutes to make it. How cool is that?
So stick with us and read on. You won’t find a better air fryer pizza bagels recipe elsewhere!
Ingredients for Air Fryer Pizza Bagels
Here’s what you need:
- Bagels: according to the number of people you are serving
- Pizza Sauce: you can use either homemade or store-bought pizza sauce
- Cheese: Just like any other pizza recipe, you can use as many cheeses as you want for your recipe. Typically, we like to use mozzarella cheese for this recipe.
- Spices: Italian seasoning is one of the best seasonings for pizza.
- Your favorite toppings: Whether you want to make the pizza healthy with some veggies or go extra fancy with protein, it’s all up to you. We like to use the all-time favorite pepperoni for our pizza.
Instructions to make Air Fryer Pizza Bagels
Now let’s come down to the fun part! The recipe is as easy as it sounds guaranteed, and you don’t have to be a professional cook to make pizza bagels.
- Simply decide the number of bagels you want to serve and remove them from the package.
- Cut the bagels in half and put them in the air fryer.
- Spray some cooking oil on the tray of the air fryer.
- Keep the bagels in the air fryer for at least a minute. This will give a good crisp to the bagel.
- Now add your pizza sauce to each bagel gently, making sure it’s not overloaded with the sauce, or the bagel will become extremely soggy.
- Now sprinkle some cheese on the bagel and add your favorite toppings, such as pepperoni.
- Let the bagels cook in the air fryer for 5 to 6 minutes at 360 F or 182 C. For this purpose an air fryer oven is the best but you can choose any type and will do the job.
- Check up on your bagels after the allotted time to see if they are cooked enough. Ideally, you will want them to have a golden color. Every air fryer operates differently, so the time required by your bagels depends upon the operations of the air fryer.
- Take out your bagels carefully out of the air fryer and sprinkle your Italian seasoning on the top. Now they are ready to serve!
Extra Tips on Air Fryer Pizza Bagels
Air fryer pizza bagels are one of the best snacks for lunch and dinner. And if you are feeling extra fancy, you can even toss them on your breakfast plate. You can simply make pizza bagels and freeze them in the refrigerator. And when you are in time for a snack, you can simply take out the frozen pizza bagels from the refrigerator and cook them in the air fryer.
You don’t have to preheat the air fryer necessarily, but if you have extra time on hand, you can preheat the air fryer because it can help melt the cheese faster without burning the bagels or the toppings on it. There are also a lot of varieties of ingredients when it comes to the kind of toppings you can use. For instance, you don’t always have to use pizza sauce. You can even use alfredo sauce and make a fancier version of this recipe. You can also add the proteins of your choice, such as shredded chicken and crumbled sausage, or vegetables like diced onion and capsicums. However, make sure not to use way too many toppings on your bagel because they might fall and make it very difficult to eat the bagel.