Chicken nuggets have been the most favorite snack for children of this generation. Why wouldn’t it be As you bite through the crispy layer above and then you get to taste the juicy tender chicken beneath it, it seems you are tasting heaven!
Disclaimer: We hope you like our recipes. Just to let you know as an affiliate partner we may collect a commission if you purchase something through the the links provided in this article with no extra cost to you.
However, why destroy the taste of actual crispy chicken nuggets by wasting your time by throwing the frozen nuggets into the oven? You will only understand the actual taste when you devour cooked frozen chicken nuggets in an air fryer. No other method of cooking frozen chicken nuggets makes it worth it other than cooking it in an air fryer.
This article has the perfect details so that you cook the perfect crispy frozen chicken nuggets in an air fryer. Proper step by step instructions have been listed and the necessary preparations that you need to take have been mentioned as well. We have some details and guides detailed below that you need to keep knowledge about to make the best crispy chicken nuggets.
How to choose the best brand of chicken nuggets?
- Check for the brands that do not use any sort of antibiotics.
- Use a brand that manufactures chicken nuggets using white meat from the breast part of chickens.
- Try two or three well-known brands and then choose the best amongst three of them.
We Recommend buying Applegate, Natural Gluten-Free Chicken Nuggets.
Why cook frozen chicken nuggets in an air fryer and not in an oven?
- The time required for cooking the chicken nuggets in an air fryer takes only 12 minutes but if you prefer cooking the nuggets in an oven, you will need to face the hassle of preheating the oven.
- The chicken nuggets cooked in an air fryer is way crispier on the outside and remains way more tender in the inside compared to when it is cooked in an oven.
- Ovens are hard for kids to use. Hence, because of air fryer, they can cook chicken nuggets themselves without the need of your help.
- Using air fryer does not require any sort of oil frying, that is why cooking frozen nuggets in an air dryer is a healthier option.
Frozen Chicken Nuggets
- An Air Fryer
- Frozen Chicken Nuggets
- 10 pieces of Chicken Nuggets Packaged
- Bring out the bag of frozen chicken nuggets of your favorite brand from the refrigerator. Add the nuggets into the air fryer basket. The amount of nuggets that you wish to fry depends completely on yourself. However, don't add too many nuggets in to the basket. This is because overlapping the chicken nuggets on one another will result the cooking to not happen efficiently and the nuggets won't be properly crisped.
- Close the lid of your air fryer and set the temperature at 400 degrees and allow the
chicken nuggets to cook for 12 minutes.
- Your job does not end after step 2. You will need to remove the lid and flip the chicken nuggets to the other side right after 5 or 6 minutes. This is because you need to make both the sides of the nuggets evenly crisp. Close the lid again after flipping is done. And only open after the timer is up.
- This is an optional step. If you want the nuggets to be crispier than usual, take more time for cooking the nuggets. For doing so, you can add a few more minutes while setting up the timer. Or leave the nuggets in the basket after the timer is over instead of removing them immediately.
- Once you are done with the cooking chicken nuggets in air fryer plate them right away and enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce.
|Name: Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Nuggets||Daily Value|
|Amount Per Serving : (3 oz)|
|Calories: 283kal, Calories from Fat 171|
|Saturated Fat: 4g||25%|
|Vitamin A: 500IU||10%|
|Vitamin C: 2mg||2%|
|Iron: 1.2mg 7%||7%|
|* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.|
Type of dipping sauces that you can have with your air fryer chicken nuggets:
- Tomato ketchup for the addition of some tangibleness with the crispy chicken nuggets.
- Chili sauce, if you are someone that has an undying love for spice.
- Garlic sauce, if you are a strong flavor lover.
- Cheese sauce, who doesn’t love it!
- Barbecue sauce, I am sure your mouth started watering as soon as you read this!
Here’s all our Recipe. Please Comments below if you find something helpful. if not please don’t hesitate to share you appreciate our user’s feedback. Feel Free to Share with your Chicken Nuggets loving friends.
Check out our Corn Dogs air fryer recipe