Fresh, healthy, and delicious Air fryer Avocado balls are the thing that needs to be on your dinner plate tonight. Fresh avocadoes mashed with other delectable ingredients are shaped into tiny bite-sized crispy balls.
There is nothing better than a tried and tested air fryer recipe that you can rely on and get your hands on. One such deliciously easy recipe is Air Fryer Avocado Balls. These fantastic vegan crispy balls come together in no time and taste delectable.
Try this easy Air fryer Avocado balls recipe to enjoy a great vegan snack or dinner. Stay tuned.
Ingredients required to make Air fryer Avocado balls
- 2 Cup Avocados, Mashed
- ½ cup onion (finely chopped)
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup cilantro (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg (beaten) – For the vegan version use Aquafaba
- 1 Cup Breadcrumbs
Instructions to make Air fryer Avocado balls
- Add mashed avocados, chopped onion and cilantro, lime juice, paprika, coriander, cumin salt, and black pepper in a large mixing bowl. Give it a good mix.
- Add the almond flour in batches gradually until a batter-liked mixture is formed.
- Cover this and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Take out the mixture and start forming small balls out of the batter. Place the balls on a baking tray and freeze for 4 hours or overnight.
- Once this is done, take one ball, dip it in the beaten egg, and then roll it in the breadcrumbs. Repeat with all the balls.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Now place the prepared avocado balls on the air fryer’s basket in a single layer. Make sure not to overcrowd the space and cook in batches if required.
- Air fry for 15 minutes at 400 degrees F, flipping halfway through.
- Once the balls are crisp and cooked, take them out on a serving dish and serve warm with your favorite condiments.
It doesn’t really matter what kind of air fryer you use for this recipe. You can use air fryer oven, basket-type or any other type of air fryer. For an air fryer oven I’d use a Kalorik MAXX air fryer oven and for the basket type I’d use a Ninja AF101.
Tips to make the best Air fryer Avocado Balls
Pick the right avocados
Using the right avocado plays an essential role in determining the taste of your avocado balls, so make sure you pick the ripe ones. Look for avocados that have black skin but are still firm inside so that when you press on them, you feel a slight give, but it shouldn’t be too mushy or soft. Do not use the same avocados to make air fryer avocado balls that you use to make guacamole.
Should you use an oil spray?
Using an oil spray is entirely optional. If you wish to have that extra crispiness to your air fryer avocado balls, then you can indeed spray them with some oil spray on top. The final results are the same, except those sprayed with an oil spray have a little extra crunch on the outside. The best spray you can use for this recipe would be a 100% olive oil spray.
Freezing the dough and the balls are one crucial step required to make the perfect avocado balls, and you must not skip them. Freezing the dough and the balls will ensure that they set well and do not break while air frying, giving out the perfectly crispy and delicious Air fried Avocado balls.
Once cooked, do not keep the balls unattended for too long, as they will lose all their crispiness and become soggy. So to enjoy the crispy delight of these avocado balls, ensure you serve them immediately while they are still warm.
All in all avocado balls have to be on your air frying menu because they are easy to make, healhty and the perfect snack for a late night netflix show. Let me know how you like them. Bon Appetit!