Learning how to clean Ninja air fryer is crucial. It’s not enough that you know how to operate the appliance. You must also be familiar with its cleaning, which can help optimize its performance and longevity.
Regular cleaning of an air fryer may seem tasking. Many of you will probably be tempted to skip such, but this should not be the case. Otherwise, dirt and grime will stick, making them more difficult to remove. Not to mention, it can also impact safety and affect the quality of food you’ll cook.
In this guide, I’ll share the best ways to clean your Ninja air fryer. It’s easier than what you might have thought.
A Step-by-Step Guide on How to Clean Ninja Air Fryer
Cleaning an air fryer thoroughly requires doing it part by part. While the basket is the most important, it’s not the only one you must clean.
Cleaning the Basket, Rack, and Tray
The basket is where you cook food in an air fryer. Hence, it’s the part that accumulates the most dirt. For instance, grease may drip. The ingredients can spill as you cook. They can be difficult to remove, especially once they harden.
You’ll get a rack or a tray in some Ninja air fryers instead of the usual basket. Such is especially the case in large models, such as air fryers for making pizza.
Here’s a quick overview of how you can clean these parts:
- Start by letting them cool down. Don’t be in a hurry. You can enjoy what you cooked first and take care of the cleaning later, but don’t wait until the next day.
- Empty the remaining food. Put them in the garbage disposal or trash. This is the initial cleaning, so try to take out as much as possible.
- At this point, you can now start cleaning the basket, pan, or rack. Run warm soapy water. Next, use a sponge with mild soap to scrub the surface lightly. Pay attention to the portions with hard or stubborn dirt.
- Meanwhile, if there are stuck food residues, you can soak the parts in warm soapy water so that the particles will loosen. They will be easier to clean after soaking.
- Alternatively, you can put the removable parts in the dishwasher if you don’t want to wash them by hand.
- Rinse and let them dry. Do not return to your Ninja air fryer unless it’s completely dry. If you’re in a hurry and cannot air-dry the parts, you can wipe them with a towel instead.
Cleaning the Exterior
One thing that most people forget to do is to clean the exterior of the air fryer. It does not get as dirty as the basket, but that does not mean you can ignore it. It’s what people will see first, so you must clean it thoroughly. Otherwise, the air fryer will be an eye-sore in the kitchen. The failure to clean the exterior can also shorten its lifespan.
- Start by unplugging the air fryer for your safety.
- Use a clean cloth dipped in mild dishwashing soap. Wring to remove excess water. Wipe the exterior of the air fryer, focusing on areas with higher concentrations of dirt.
- To finish, wipe the exterior with paper towels.
Cleaning the Interior
Don’t forget to clean the interior of your air fryer as well. This can be quite tricky in some Ninja Air fryers because it’s difficult to access. Some parts are hard to see, so you may not realize that dirt has been building up over time.
- Like cleaning the exterior, make sure to unplug the air fryer before you start cleaning.
- Take off the removable parts, such as the basket, rack, or pan. Clean them separately.
- Use a damp sponge or cloth to wipe the interior. Don’t forget to wipe the heating element and fan. Most of the dirt will be in the bottom of the air fryer, so make sure you don’t miss that.
- A soft-bristled brush can come in handy when cleaning the interior of your Ninja air fryer. This can help remove food debris, especially those stuck in the heating element.
Tips and Tricks for Cleaning Your Ninja Air Fryer
Aside from those mentioned above, here are important things to remember.
- Take the Time to Read the Manual
Many of you are probably guilty of not reading the manual. It’s an important document, so take the time to understand what it contains. You can also access the manual if you’ve already lost it online.
The manual will indicate the parts that are dishwasher-safe and those that aren’t. The removable parts are those you can put in a dishwasher. The actual unit, which has the electrical components, should never be placed in a dishwasher. You should also never soak it in water. Doing so will damage the components.
- Clean After Every Use
This might seem tasking for some people, but this is the best to do if you want to maintain your air fryer’s functionality. Don’t delay cleaning. You can do so for a few hours if you’re busy, but not more than a day. Let it cool down for a while after air frying, and clean immediately.
The problem with not cleaning the appliance regularly is that the food particles will become harder. As a result, they’ll be more difficult to remove. It can also make the unit unsightly.
- Watch Out for the Cleaning Materials
Not all household cleaners are compatible with your Ninja air fryer, or with any other brand. Don’t use abrasive cleaners, including bleach. While you can use bleach for cleaning your home, avoid it in an air fryer. It contains toxic chemicals that can linger on the air frying surface and leech to your food, making it a health risk.
You should also not use rough cleaning material, including brushes with hard bristles or scrubs with harsh surfaces. They can cause the non-stick coating peeling, which can compromise the performance of the Ninja air fryer.
- Use Aluminum Foil or Parchment Paper
Do you hate mess in the air fryer? Such is inevitable, but there are ways by which you can minimize it. As a result, cleaning your Ninja air fryer will be much easier. This is possible by using aluminum foil or parchment paper as a liner for the basket or rack.
By having a thin layer between the food and basket or rack, you will prevent food from sticking to the surface. The sauces and batter, meanwhile, will be caught by the aluminum foil or parchment paper instead of reaching the bottom part of the air fryer.
- Freshen It Up
Cleaning your Ninja air fryer may not be enough. I suggest that you also freshen it up. This will help eliminate odors that can linger in the interior of the air fryer. This is especially important if you cook various recipes that can leave a strong smell on the interior.
One thing that you can do is to make a natural cleaning solution using citrus or lemon. This will leave a refreshing scent once you’re done.
Once you know how to clean Ninja air fryer, it’s easier to maintain its optimal performance. It will not only look spotless, but it can also be safe. You can minimize health risks as bacteria are less likely to harbor on your food when using a clean kitchen appliance.