Instant Pot is one of the most recognizable brands of kitchen appliances. They also have multi-cookers that can be turned into air fryers, like the Instant Pot Duo Crisp. The latter comes with a convenient and advanced lid for multiple cooking functions. You can choose from two lids, with one designed specifically to air fry.
If there’s one issue, however, it would be cleaning. Many are curious about how to clean Instant Pot air fryer lid, and some are concerned that it will be quite complicated. No worries! I’m here to help! Read on and I’ll share the basics you need to know!
A Step-by-Step Guide on How to Clean Instant Pot Air Fryer Lid
Below, I’ll discuss different options for cleaning the lid of your Instant Pot air fryer. You need to clean it regularly after every use to avoid dirt and debris from accumulating and hardening. At the same time, you must do deep cleaning once in a while.
Cleaning Instant Pot Air Fryer Lid Before First-Time Use
It might be tempting to use your air fryer immediately right out of the box, but that should not be the case. Cleaning it is super easy. All that you need to do is wipe the lid with a soft and damp cloth. Alternatively, you can also use a sponge. This will help in removing residues from the packing materials.
Cleaning Instant Pot Air Fryer Lid After Every Use
A lot of you are probably guilty of not taking the time to clean your air fryer after every use. However, it’s not a good practice to delay cleaning an air fryer. This is just going to make your life harder, as it will be more difficult to clean.
Here’s a quick guide on cleaning the lid of your Instant Pot air fryer after every use.
- Unplug the air fryer. Let it cool down for a few minutes before you start cleaning.
- Use a soft and damp cloth or sponge to wipe the heating element of the lid. Be careful not to soak the heating element, as it might end up in irreversible damage.
- Wipe the exterior of the lid.
- Do not rinse or soak the lid.
Deep Cleaning Your Instant Pot Air Fryer Lid
Every once in a while, take the time to deep clean the lid. It involves a more thorough process than regular cleaning. This will ensure the optimal functionality of your air fryer, even after years of use. The lid can harbor bacteria that can be dangerous for food if you skip deep cleaning your air fryer.
You’ll need different natural cleaning materials. For the first one, I suggest using vinegar. Don’t worry about the strong smell as it will go away.
- In a bowl, add one cup of vinegar.
- Add two to three spoons of mild dishwashing or liquid soap.
- Dip a brush or cloth into the cleaning mixture.
- Brush or wipe the surface of the heating element and other parts of the lid. Pay attention to the area with stubborn dirt or food particle. Scrub thoroughly but avoid applying too much pressure. Otherwise, you might end up damaging the lid.
At times, doing the steps mentioned above may not be enough. This is especially the case if you’re dealing with stubborn grease. You might not be able to clean the lid simply by wiping. Hence, a great alternative is to submerge the parts in water with a cleaning solution. However, it can damage the components, so you must work with individual parts.
- Start by making sure that the air fryer has cooled down before you start deep cleaning.
- Unscrew the lid. This will require removing different types of screws, so you’ll need to have the right screwdriver.
- Put all the bolts, nuts, and screws in a bowl or safe space. This way, you can easily find them once it’s time to re-assemble the lid.
- Remove the plate and heating coil.
- Start the preliminary cleaning by wiping dirt off the heating element and plate. You won’t be able to remove most of them, which is why it’s important to do the next step.
- Submerge the removable parts in a bowl with water and soap. You can also add white vinegar if you’re dealing with more stubborn stains.
- Wipe the other parts of the lid, including the top and handle.
- Re-assemble the heating element and lid.
Before doing the things mentioned above, however, note that it might void the warranty. In addition, you’re risking not being able to put the items back together if you are not much of a handyman. So, proceed with caution.
Learning how to clean Instant Pot air fryer lid is a must. This will keep the appliance in its tip-top shape to deliver optimal functionality. You must clean it before using it for the first time. In addition, you must clean every time after use while deep cleaning is necessary once in a while