Grease and food particles accumulate in an air fryer over time. The longer you leave them, the more difficult they will be to remove. Hence, you must know how to clean Power XL air fryer to maintain its best condition for a long time.
Whether you are reheating pizza, grilling meat, or cooking chicken wings, you must clean your Power XL air fryer after use. And that’s exactly what I’ll teach you in this guide. Read on, and learn from the tips I’ll share.
A Step-by-Step Guide on How to Clean Power XL Air Fryer
Power XL is a brand with multiple air fryer models. Depending on what you’re using, there can be slight differences in how you clean them. Although, cleaning an air fryer involves generally the same steps across brands.
Cleaning Power XL Vortex Air Fryer
You’ll find different models of Power XL Vortex air fryers. For instance, there’s a classic model, which is a compact appliance with a single detachable basket. On the other hand, those needing more cooking space should opt for the one with a dual basket design. Cleaning them involves the same process, which I’ll list below.
- Start by removing the plug from the wall socket. Also, make sure that it has cooled down before cleaning.
- Begin by cleaning the exterior of the air fryer. Wipe the area with a warm and moist cloth with mild detergent. Wring the cloth to avoid excess water from dripping and getting into the electrical components.
- Now, it’s time to clean the basket and fry tray. Slide the button guard so you can take the inner tray out of the outer basket. Use a non-abrasive sponge, mild soap, and warm water to scrub the basket.
- The basket is also dishwasher safe. Before putting it in the dishwasher, remove thick food particles and grease.
- Soaking the basket is a good idea if you’re dealing with stubborn food particles. Just leave the basket with warm water and mild soap. Wash and rinse.
- Don’t forget to clean the heating element. This isn’t one thing you need to do after every use. Instead, it can be part of routine deep cleaning. Use a damp cloth to wipe the heating element and other interior parts. You can also use a soft-bristled brush to remove stubborn dirt.
- Your Vortex air fryer also comes with a rubber bumper. In most cases, you don’t need to remove them. However, from time to time, you can detach and clean them. Brush or soak to clean. Let the bumpers dry and reattach.
Cleaning Power XL Grill Air Fryer Combo
Are you looking for a versatile kitchen appliance? The Power XL Air Fryer Grill Combo is an excellent choice. Cleaning it won’t be a headache, although it requires a bit of effort. Here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Let it cool, and unplug the appliance before you start cleaning.
- Start by cleaning the inner pot. Remove from the unit and clean using hot water and mild dish soap. Rinse and dry. If there are stubborn food particles, put hot water and a few drops of liquid soap. Wait until the water is lukewarm and clean. Do not scrub with metal pads and similar abrasive cleaners, as they can scratch the surface.
- You can also clean them in the dishwasher. However, take note that you can do so only with the glass lid and inner pot. You can’t submerge all other parts in water.
- There are some things that you should avoid, not just for cleaning the grill air fryer combo but also other air fryers. For instance, you should never use those that contain petroleum solvents.
Using the Self-Cleaning Option
Depending on the model of the Power XL air fryer, it can also come with a self-cleaning mode. This is a helpful feature as it automates the process. Some models where you can find this feature are Power XL’s air fryer steamer and air fryer oven combo.
- For the air fryer steamer, you will find a water tank where you would normally add water for steaming. Fill it with two cups of water and .5 ounces of vinegar.
- Once the cleaning solution is in place, push the Clean button on the control panel. After this, the self-cleaning mode will start automatically.
- Meanwhile, the water and soap will be placed on the crumb tray if you have an air fryer oven. Close the door and choose the Steam Clean function. It will run for five minutes, which includes the time for the appliance to cool down.
- Once it is finished with self-cleaning, the air fryer will shut down automatically.
With knowledge of how to clean Power XL air fryer, it will be easy to keep it in pristine condition even after long-term use. Some models will have a self-cleaning mode, while most require manual cleaning. Luckily, the removable parts are dishwasher-safe, and all other components are effortless to clean.