So you have bought an Instant Vortex Air Fryer? Great choice! Nevertheless its a great kitchen appliance you must do a regular cleaning of it . To ensure its optimal performance, however, you must pay attention to its proper maintenance. With that, this short guide on how to clean Instant Vortex air fryer can come in handy.
Cleaning air fryers may seem tasking, but it’s one thing you should never ignore. Personally, I clean the basket and racks of my air fryer after every use. Meanwhile, I deep clean it once a month. I suggest that you do the same. And if you have no idea how to do it in your Instant Vortex, this guide is for you.
Different Models of Instant Vortex Air Fryers
Instant Vortex is a family of air fryers with different sizes and features. Before I give you a rundown of the cleaning instructions, let’s first discuss the models available.
If you’re looking for something basic, go with the Instant Vortex 4-in-1 air fryer. It has four built-in functions – air fry, bake, roast, and reheat. The air fryer comes with a smart dial control, which makes the operation a breeze.
Meanwhile, if you want something more advanced, I suggest you look at Instant Vortex Plus, which is available in either the six or ten-quart model. It has seven cooking functions. Meanwhile, the Instant Vortex Pro can also be a good option, which has nine built-in cooking functions. If you want to compare the two, make sure to check out my article about Instant Vortex Plus vs Pro.
A Step-by-Step Guide on How to Clean Instant Vortex Air Fryer
While different models are available, cleaning them is generally the same. However, take note that some may have parts that you won’t find in other air fryers, such as a rotisserie basket, which means there are extra components you need to clean.
Here’s a quick guide on cleaning your Instant Vortex air fryer.
- If you’ve read my other guides (e.g. the Ninja Cleaning Guide) on cleaning an air fryer, then you probably already know the first thing to do – unplug and let it cool down. Don’t be in a hurry to clean the unit after cooking. Enjoy your food and wait until the air fryer is no longer hot.
- Pull the removable parts. Some models will come with a cooking basket, which you have to take out. Meanwhile, some will have a removable oven door. Taking it out will make it easier to access the interior, so cleaning such will be a breeze.
- Do an initial clean of the removable parts. Remove the crumbs and other food particles. Run it over warm water to get rid of grease.
- Use a sponge to clean the parts of the air fryer. Some parts are dishwasher-safe. Make sure to read the manual, so you’ll know which of them can be placed in a dishwasher. If you want to be safe, I suggest that you handwash everything instead.
- Now, don’t forget to clean the interior of the Vortex air fryer. Never submerge the appliance in water. It’s best to use a damp cloth with mild soap to wipe the surfaces. Pay attention to the places with stubborn dirt. You can also use white vinegar, lemon, baking soda, and hydrogen peroxide as alternative cleaners.
- As for the exterior, wiping it with a damp cloth will suffice.
- See to it that the air fryer and all parts are dry before you operate the appliance.
Be Careful with the Non-Stick Coating
Like most air fryers, those from Instant Vortex come with a non-stick coating. The latter prevents food from sticking on the surface, which can make clean-up a breeze. If you want to make it even easier, you can also use parchment paper or aluminum foil.
If you aren’t careful, you might end up scratching or peeling the non-stick cooking surface. One way to prevent this is to avoid using metal utensils and similar abrasive materials. Scouring sponges, steel wool, and metal pads can also be the culprits.
Using the Right Fat Makes the Clean-up Easier
Tired of cleaning greasy pots and removing stubborn dirt in your Instant Vortex air fryer? One thing that might help is the right choice of oil. For instance, a great option is avocado oil, which is known for having a high smoke point. It will be easier to clean compared to those with a low smoke point, which is most likely to stick and burn.
As noted in this guide about how to clean Instant Vortex air fryer, it’s an easy task! You must clean the removable parts, interior, and exterior. Doing these will not only prolong the functional life of the air fryer but will also improve performance and safety. Be sure to choose the right cleaning materials, especially those that won’t damage the components or scratch the non-stick cooking surface.