Air fryers have arrived for a while but have taken the cooking experience to the next level. Who doesn’t love the same crispy delicious food but with lesser oil consumption? Tasty and healthy at the same time. Lovely; isn’t it? But what about the food crumbs left behind in the air fryer basket?
Cleaning the air fryer basket is a very troublesome task. But that’s why the parchment papers are here for.
10 Reasons Why would you Need Parchment Paper?
Now, one must be completing all the cooking successfully without using parchment papers. But once the advantages of the parchment paper are discovered; it’s hard not to use one.
- Keeps food from sticking: This is indeed one of the primary uses of parchment paper. It helps avoid food from sticking with each other. And also prevents the food from sticking with the air fryer or any other pans.
- Keeps food from tearing: As it helps the foods to be separated from each other, it prevents tearing of the foods.
- Clean-up is so much easier: All the residues are gathered within the parchment paper. So, it reduces the hassle of extra cleaning. The air fryer is easily cleaned afterwards every use.
- Minimizes scrubbing wear and tear on your basket or racks: Parchment papers avoid the contact of foods with the basket or rack. Foods are unlikely to be contacted with the parchment paper. Hence, no need to worry about the scrubbing wear and tears on your utensils.
- Helps prolong the life of your basket/racks: Contact of food with your baskets/racks can aid in the reduction of its self-life. Also, extra cleaning is reduced. Therefore, parchment papers help prolong the life of basket/racks.
- Non-Stick and also great to use in steaming baskets: Parchment papers don’t stick to the pan or the food either. Therefore, it is good to be used in the steaming basket.
- Safe up to 400°F-450°F (205°C-230°C): Parchment papers are heat resistant. It can be easily used for cooking at higher heat. But it should be never used during preheating.
- FDA Tested and approved: The good thing is that the parchment papers are FDA tested and approved. It is not harmful or toxic to health.
- Affordable: All these features are acquirable at a very affordable price. Most parchment papers are available within $4-7.
- You can also make your own parchment paper: One can also make parchment papers from scratch in emergencies or when it is not available in markets.
Best air fryer Perforated Parchment Paper/sheet/liners you can buy:
1. Air Fryer Parchment Paper, Set of 100, 6 inch Air Fryer Line:
This air fryer parchment paper is made with food-grade silicone and virgin wood pulp. It is non-toxic, wax-free, non-bleached, and eco-friendly. Featured with a heat resistance of 450F or 232 C. It is preferable for the bamboo steamer, cake pans, air fryers, etc.
One should avoid preheating parchment papers. Parchment papers should always be placed with foods. It helps keep your air fryer grease-free and doesn’t interfere with the taste or the look of the food. It is also 100% waterproof and tear-free.
These parchment papers also come in pre-cut round shapes. Therefore, minimizes preparation time. And no extra hassle of cutting the paper. It also contains holes. Which helps in the air circulation within the air fryer while cooking and speeds up the cooking time. It also comes with a 100% money-back guarantee if disappointed by its performance.
2. 100pcs Unbleached Air Fryer Liners, Vancens 7.5 inches
This particular brand offers two different sizes of parchment papers; 7.5 inches and 9 inches. Both sizes offer two categories; bleached and unbleached. All of the categories come in pre-cut round shape. Therefore, no need to worry about cutting and taking in extra hassle. Minimizes cooking time.
This parchment paper is perfect for oven, microwaves, and bamboo steamer as well. It also contains plenty of prepared holes that fasten the cooking time. Also allows the food to be cooked evenly. It claims to be waterproof and greaseproof. Hence, it reduces the hassle of extra cleaning.
It keeps the air fryer free from food residues. These parchment papers are also heat resistant up to 450F. This unbleached 7.5 parchment paper is non-toxic, non-sticking, and strong. Made of 100% food grade pulp. So, it is completely safe. It is also florescent free and eco-friendly.
Air Fryer Liners (parchment paper) buying guide?
Although parchment papers are simple to use and easily available; but few buying guides can land you to your perfect package of parchment paper.
What shape Round or square? :
Pre-cut round-shaped parchments papers are more versatile. As most utensils are round in shape. So, round-shaped parchment papers serve the purpose more frequently.
What Size? :
Although medium-sized parchments are frequently used. But, it’s always good to buy the 9-inch ones. Because it can always be cut to smaller shapes if needed.
Whether bleached or unbleached both categories serve the same cooking experience. The end result is the same for both. But the differences are in colors. The unbleached one is brown in color due to the absence of chlorine. Getting a white and bleached parchment paper or a brown unbleached one is a completely personal choice. If you would like to cut down the chemical usage you can definitely get the unbleached parchment paper. Bleached parchments papers don’t have health risks.
How to Place Parchment Paper?
- Step 1: Place the parchment paper in the desired pan and measure the extra paper hanging at the edge of the pan.
- Step 2: Cut off the extra parchment papers.
- Step 3: Place the parchment paper in the pan and it’s ready to use. Spraying oil is optional depending on cooking needs.
How to Make You own Perforated Parchment Paper?
The things needed to make perforated parchment paper are a pair of scissors and baking sheets. First of all, fold the baking sheet into half. And then fold it into a quarter. Then cut the outer edge in a semi-circle shape. And cut several small triangle shapes along the folded side. Now, unfold the paper and the perforated parchment paper is ready to use.
Parchment papers usually do not need any oil or extra grease. Putting extra oil is a completely personal choice. Putting extra oil will require extra cleaning of the pan.